If any of the following statements are true for you, it's time for a new accountant:
- My accountant doesn't return my phone calls.
- I gave my accountant my paperwork in January, but I'm still on extension.
- I often receive penalties from the IRS.
- My accountant doesn't answer my questions to my satisfaction.
- My accountant is too far away.
- My accountant is too busy to see me.
- My accountant doesn't explain my financial statements, tax returns, etc. so I can
- I don't know what my accountant does for his/her fee.
- I never sign any tax returns; my accountant takes care of that.
- I don't know if my business is making a profit or not.
- I haven't filed a tax return in x amount of years.